CVM Fall 2018 News
A conference entitled Best Practices in Health Sciences Education will be held May 1-2, 2019 - watch for information from the AHC.
Save the date! Education Day 2019 will be held at the College of Veterinary Medicine on May 17, 2019.
Teaching Innovations at the CVM
Check out the Teaching Innovations at the CVM page where we highlight some of our teaching faculty and the unique methods they use to enhance the learning experience of the CVM’s veterinary student body.
Faculty Support for Active Learning
AHC faculty will begin teaching in the new Health Sciences Education Center in early 2020. All of the classrooms in this building are designed for active learning. Here is a link to teaching resources for active learning, generated as AHC faculty gear up to use active learning in the new building - z.umn.edu/ahcactive
The College's inaugural Education Roundtable included a great conversation about providing feedback for students on clinical rotations, addressing disability accommodations on clinics, and how to thoughtfully consider to which journal you may wish to submit a manuscript. Resources are below.
- Understanding disability accommodations for students on clinics with Laura Molgaard
- Choosing a journal for submission of your research manuscripts with Andre Nault
- Guidelines: the do’s, don’ts and don’t knows of feedback for clinical education
Watch for a survey from Dr. Brian Husbands to gather your input and let us know how to improve this in the future.
UMN is Transitioning from Moodle to Canvas
Instructor development opportunities
Course & Classroom Management FAQ's
2017-18 Professional Development Programs
- Early Career Teaching Program: The Early Career Teaching Program is for UMN faculty and instructional staff who are in their first seven years of teaching in any educational setting. This program is designed to develop and enhance teaching skills and establish a foundation for a lifetime of effective and engaging teaching. Learn more and register
- Senior Teaching Fellows Program: A one-semester program designed for senior faculty who want to revitalize and expand their instructional skill using recent scholarship in the learning sciences. Learn more and register
Need help as an instructor? See if what you need is on the DVM Teaching Quick Links page.
Peer review of teaching Are you interested in peer review of your teaching? Contact the CVM Educational Support group to set up a time to discuss what aspect of your teaching you would like reviewed.
More Resources from outside The College of Veterinary Medicine