CVM 6856: Advanced swine health and production
This course is the capstone swine health & production rotation and will combine material from rotations I and II. Upon completion of the rotation, the student will be able to understand productivity and cost of production of swine farms and be able to use records systems to analyze production data.
By the end of the rotation, a student will be able to:
- Analyze production impact of a disease (PRRS)
- Estimate the cost and compare control strategies
- Understand selling strategy and factors driving optimum weight
- Become familiar with risk management (hedging) strategies available to pork producers
- Compare financial statements used to report farm financial performance.
Maximum enrollment: 15
Type of class: Rotation