Sandra Godden, DVM
DVM, University of Guelph, 1993
BSc, University of Guelph, 1989
DVSc, University of Guelph, 1998
Awards & Recognition
Applied research in calf health management, mastitis control, Johne's disease control and transition cow management; Epidemiologic studies of MRSA and Shiga toxin producing E. Coli on Minnesota dairy farms.
Research Funding Grants
- "Evaluation of Control Points to Reduce Transmission of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis in Dairy Cattle," College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota
- "FT-IR Microscopy of Mineral Structure in Osteoporosis Part 2," NIH
- "Evaluation of administration of Bovamine® in the first colostrum on feeding on passive transfer of immunoglobulins in newborn Jersey calves,"NPC, Inc.
- "An investigation of Selenium status on the success of passive transfer of immunoglobulin and general health in newborn dairy calves," Dairy Farmers of Canada
- "Development and application of a Minnesota dairy health surveillance network," Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station
Veterinary Science; Clinical epidemiology; Metabolic diseases of ruminants; Applied dairy nutrition; Calf health management; Housing and cow comfort