Sandra Godden, DVM
DVM, University of Guelph, 1993
BSc, University of Guelph, 1989
DVSc, University of Guelph, 1998
Applied research in calf health management, mastitis control, Johne's disease control and transition cow management; Epidemiologic studies of MRSA and Shiga toxin producing E. Coli on Minnesota dairy farms.
Research Funding Grants
- "Evaluation of Control Points to Reduce Transmission of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis in Dairy Cattle," College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota
- "FT-IR Microscopy of Mineral Structure in Osteoporosis Part 2," NIH
- "Evaluation of administration of Bovamine® in the first colostrum on feeding on passive transfer of immunoglobulins in newborn Jersey calves,"NPC, Inc.
- "An investigation of Selenium status on the success of passive transfer of immunoglobulin and general health in newborn dairy calves," Dairy Farmers of Canada
- "Development and application of a Minnesota dairy health surveillance network," Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station
Veterinary Science; Clinical epidemiology; Metabolic diseases of ruminants; Applied dairy nutrition; Calf health management; Housing and cow comfort